Statement of Faith
1. Word of God - We believe the Bible has 66 canonical books; 39 in the Old Testament and 27 in the New Testament. These books were originally inspired and given by the Holy Spirit. We believe that Scripture is inerrant, infallible, and to be received, believed and obeyed as the written Word of God, acting as the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
(2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Matthew 7:24; Mark 13:31; John 8:31-32; John 20:31; Acts 20:32)
2. The Trinity - We believe that Scripture reveals only one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. These three persons are one God, the same in substance, equal in power, glory and honor.
(Genesis 1:1,26; John 1:1,3; Matthew 28:19; John 4:24; Acts 5:3-4; Romans 1:19-20; Ephesians 4:5-6; Revelation 22:13)
3. Jesus Christ - We believe in the full deity and humanity of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son. We believe in His virgin birth by the Holy Spirit, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His substitutionary and atoning death on the cross exhausting the wrath of God on our behalf, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension and now seated at the right hand of the Father, in His present rule over and intercession for the Church, and in His personal return in power and glory.
(Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-38; John 1:1; 20:28; Romans 9:5; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 2:21-23; John 20:30-31; Matthew 20:28; Ephesians 1:4; 1 John 1:8-2:2; Romans 5:6-8; 6:9-10; Hebrews 7:25; Hebrews 9:28; 1 Timothy 3:16; Acts 1:11)
4. Regeneration & Salvation - We believe that man was created good by God and in His own image. Man sinned and was separated from God resulting in physical, spiritual, and eternal death for him and for all mankind. Therefore, all mankind is born in sin and sin by choice, sin which is punishable by God’s just condemnation. Mankind can only be delivered from this condemnation through the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit and faith in Jesus Christ. Only through faith in Jesus Christ are we saved from our sin, restored to fellowship with God, and have a true understanding of God.
(Genesis 1:26; 5:2; Genesis 3; Genesis 2:17; 3:19; Ecclesiastes 2:11; John 5:24; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; Jeremiah 17:9; James 1:14; Romans 3:19; 5:19; Proverbs 28:13; John 3:16; Romans 8:1; John 1:18; 14:6; Acts 4:12)
5. Holy Spirit - We believe in the active presence of the Holy Spirit’s sanctifying power, given to the church of Jesus Christ, who gives us life from spiritual death and grants us the power to live godly lives of worship and service through a variety of gifts.
(John 16:7-13; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 1:23; 2 Corinthians 3:18; 1 Corinthians 12:7)
6. Church - We believe in the church being universal, gathered from every tribe, language, people, and nation, consisting of those who share in Christ and His benefits; they are in covenant with God. The church is a living body with Jesus Christ as the King and head. The soul of the church is the Word of God. Jesus Christ has given His church two sacraments: Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
(Ephesians 2:19-22; Hosea 4:6; Proverbs 29:18; Jeremiah 8:9; John 8:31; Revelation 5:9-10; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 5:19-20; Matthew 28:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
7. Mark and Mission - We believe the church should live for the glory of God and be marked by Christ-likeness, prayerfulness, joyful obedience, and love of God and neighbor. The mission of the church is one of word and deed as salt and light, seeking to save the lost, making disciples, working for righteousness and justice, and caring for the hurting and needy. These are done in joyful obedience to the Great Commission.
(1 Corinthians 10:31; Ephesians 5:1-2; Romans 12:12; John 14:15; Matthew 22:37-40; 1 Peter 4:11; Matthew 5:13-16; 1 Corinthians 9:19-23; Matthew 28:19-20; Amos 5:24; 1 John 3: 16-18)
8. Last Things - We believe Jesus Christ will return to earth personally, visibly, and bodily as King of kings and Lord of lords. We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost at the final day of judgment before the Lord Jesus Christ; the saved to eternal life and the lost to eternal conscious punishment in hell.
(Matthew 16:27; Mark 14:62; Acts 1:11; 1 Corinthians 15; Revelation 21-22; Revelation 20:10, 14-15; Matthew 25:21; Matthew 5:29-30; Matthew 10:28)